FIVE CENTURIES OF MUSIC FOR ST CECILIA
- Guy Cutting
- Britten Sinfonia Soloists
- Programme includes:
- Music from Hail Bright Cecilia
- Queen of Sheba/Where’er you walk
- Vaughan Williams
- On Wenlock Edge
- Movement from Clarinet Quintet
Ahead of the day dedicated to the patron saint of music, we perform a programme of pieces composed in each of the last five centuries, including Purcell's Hail Bright Cecilia.
Tenor Guy Cutting joins a large chamber ensemble of Britten Sinfonia players for this wide-ranging and melodious programme featuring Samuel Coleridge-Taylor's large-scale piece and movements from works by other celebrated British composers.
- Priority booking for this event will open on Thursday 20 July at 10am
- General booking will open on Thursday 27 July at 10am
- Please note that for this intimate event the stage will be moved into the front stalls. Initially only the Stalls and the West Gallery will be on sale. Other areas may go on sale closer to the event.