MAHAN ESFAHANI: BACH CYCLE 1
- Mahan Esfahani
- Jacqueline Shave
- Thomas Hancox
- Michala Petri
- Ian Wilson
- Nicholas Daniel
- Lynda Sayce
- Britten Sinfonia
- Concerto in F for recorder and bassoon TWV 52:F1
- Harpsichord Concerto No. 5 in F minor BWV 1056
Harpsichord Concerto No. 6 in F BWV 1057
- Harpsichord Concerto No. 3 in D BWV 1054
- Chamber Concerto in G minor for recorder, oboe, violin, bassoon and continuo RV 105
- Triple Concerto in A minor for flute, violin and harpsichord BWV 1044
Harpsichordist Mahan Esfahani joins Britten Sinfonia in an ambitious performance of Bach, Telemann and Vivaldi at Wigmore Hall.
Mahan Esfahani has been hailed as one of the most remarkable harpsichordists and 'controversial artists' of his generation, pushing against boundaries to become the first and only harpsichordist to be a BBC New Generation Artist (2008-2010), and most recently, the winner of the 2022 Wigmore Hall Prize for contributions to the classical music field.
Here he joins Britten Sinfonia in Wigmore Hall for an evening of Baroque concerti by Bach, Telemann and Vivaldi, with a fresh interpretation of classic repertoire filled with life and dramatic intensity.
“A performance by Esfahani would be something to treasure.”– Anna Picard, The Times